Taking care of your trees is always important. It is a big step towards ensuring the prosperity of your trees and protecting your property. A Tree Service is a Minnesota Company with an ISA Certified Arborist that cares about the local vegetation. Our Twin Cities Tree Care Company would like to share with you some tips on keeping your trees and vegetation healthy and happy! Here are 5 tips that will help you take proper care of your trees.
5 Tips for Caring for Your Trees
- Watering– You should always ensure that your trees get enough water. Regardless of the season, you should still maintain effective watering. During winter, your trees will be okay, so extra watering may not be necessary. However, during summer and drought seasons, due to lack of rain, you may have to regularly water your trees.
- Soil – Soil maintenance is fundamental for proper tree growth. You can maintain the soil either through mulching or planting plants. Mulching will help the roots to absorb more nutrients hence promoting their healthy growth, and planting vegetation will offer a healthy soil environment for your trees.
- Roots – You should always strive to prevent the soil and the root structure from being damaged. You should avoid smothering a tree by adding unnecessary inches of soil over the topsoil. Compacted soil prevents oxygen and moisture from reaching the ground. Moreover, you should be careful when digging and aerating around trees in order to avoid cutting many roots.
- Trimming and Pruning – Trimming trees at the ideal time is immensely important. You should trim trees in the dormant season. Pruning them prior to spring growth will assist your trees to heal or recover from the trimming process.
- Bark – You can prevent your trees from suffering from infections by protecting the barks. Infections usually start from within trees, after the back where they are more vulnerable. Bark protection, in this case, will increase the chances of invasive species or bacteria not getting into your trees.
A Tree Minnesota | Caring for All your Arboriculture
Caring for your trees is highly recommended. This would entail coming up with a tree maintenance plan, which takes all the tips discussed above into account. If you need more assistance on how to take care of your trees, you should contact a professional tree service company. Give us a call with any questions you may have for a Free Estimate on our MN Tree Care Services at 612-724-6045.